If you ever sit down at the computer with the intention of writing a post for your coworking blog and end up staring at a blank screen wondering what to write about, I have some tough love for you:
You’re doing it wrong.
By the time you sit down to write, you should know, not only what you’re going to write, but you should have already brainstormed everything you want to say and have your points organized into an outline.
I know, it sounds a lot like school—and it kind of is.
But it’s also the most effective way to get your coworking story, brand and message out into the world.
Coworking Blog Post Ideas
If you find yourself sitting down at the computer wondering what to put on your coworking blog, I can help.
Here are 50+ post ideas to break the procrastination seal and help get your content into the world.
1. Share an inspiring or motivational story from your space or community
2. Round up the best collaborative or organizational tools people in your space use
3. Do a short Q&A with someone presenting in your space
4. Write an explainer about how your team uses a tool (Slack, Trello, Asana, etc.)
5. Turn frequently asked questions into blog posts
6. Round up interesting projects your members are working on
7. Do a Q&A with one of your members
8. Share helpful tips for thriving in your space and community
9. Share a few takeaways from a relevant video or podcast you liked
10. Share your vision for the space and community
11. Ask members to share their vision for the space and community
12. Share one of the challenges your space faces and how you’re addressing it
13. Respond to an article or blog post that’s making the rounds on social media
14. Review a local service that caters to entrepreneurs or freelancers
15. Share a video you enjoyed, with commentary about why you liked it
16. Riff on current events and how they relate to your community
17. Share funny quotes you’ve overheard in your coworking space
18. Debunk a myth or misunderstanding about coworking
19. Share one of your failures and how you grew from it
20. Share one of your successes and how you built on it
21. Share one of the things you’d like to do and any challenges it poses
22. Do a recap of events, news, wins, etc.
23. Share member tips for making the most of the space and community
24. Share member book recommendations
25. Share member tips for best local eateries and must-see’s
26. Summarize and link to a resource or tool you find useful
27. Share your thoughts on the global coworking movement
28. Share your thoughts on building and maintaining community in the rapidly-growing workspace industry
29. Tell the origin story of your space and community
30. Compare and contrast two popular tools or apps
31. Hold an Ask Me Anything event and share the responses
32. Write an open letter to your community
33. Create a photo essay of the last month, season or year in your space
34. Ask a member of your community to write a guest post
35. Round up relevant people (local and otherwise) to follow on social media
36. Write about something you struggle with and how you hope to fix it
37. Round up the best apps for entrepreneurs and freelancers
38. Provide key takeaways from a recent event or presentation
39. Write an open letter introducing your extended community to coworking
40. Share your favorite pro tips and life hacks
41. Round up useful videos for your members
42. Do a Q&A with your community manager
43. Have a local pro share tips for public speaking and presenting
44. Create a list of funny or relevant gifs
45. Have a local pro share marketing or bookkeeping tips
46. Share the history of your coworking space
47. Share some little-known facts about your community
48. Share some interesting factoids about your city or neighborhood
49. Create a list of well-being tips for entrepreneurs and freelancers
50. Talk to members about how you can improve the space and community then share their feedback
51. Write a coworking manifesto to put your grand vision into the world
Create a Newsletter Your Coworking Members Will Love
Nov. 13: In this virtual training you’ll learn 15 strategies to create an engaging newsletter for your workspace community.