As usual, the annual forecast is full of interesting data and insights, including a projection that by 2022 there will be more than 30,000 coworking spaces (up from 14,000 this year) and a whopping 5 million coworking space members around the world (up from 1 million this year).
That’s a lot of collaborative potential and brainpower.
As Emergent Research reports, a mix of trends and shifts are driving coworking’s growth, including:
- Coworking is a global phenomenon
- Corporations are moving to coworking
- The real estate industry is moving to coworking
- The global number of self-employed knowledge workers is growing
- Startups will continue to flock to coworking spaces
- Niche spaces are expanding the coworking market
Download a pdf of the forecast at GCUC.co (Note: Scroll to the bottom of the GCUC homepage)
Coworking space operators: Subscribe to the Coworking Out Loud Newsletter to get industry insights, resources and content tips delivered to your inbox.